Sunday, January 24, 2021

KOTLC: Unlocked ~ Book Review


Out of all the Keeper’s books, this one took me longest to read. The slow pace was because most of the story (first 500 pages) was like reading a textbook. I kept reading the guide thinking I would learn something I did not already know from reading the previous books in the series. While there might have been a few facts, overall, the guide just included in depth descriptions of things readers of the series already know. I did enjoy the illustrations and quizzes. The guide itself, I would rate a 3/5. I would have preferred the energy and time being focused on a full-length continuation of the story instead of having to wait that much longer to find out what happens next.

The novella is exactly what I was hoping for, I just wish it had been longer. The story and characters seemed more honest and real than in past installments. And, finally, something was happening. But I do not know if an ending has ever made me so mad. I seriously wanted to throw my copy of the 747-page hardback at something or someone, like maybe Keefe, or the author. Keefe is my favorite character in the series and Book 9 will be dull if he is not in it for most of the story. The cliff hanger would not be as bad if there were more information about when the next release will be. For now, it is back to waiting for release date, title, and cover info. Novella rating 4.8/5.

Overall rating 4.5/5.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment