Saturday, March 27, 2021

The sky is falling!~A book review


 


I am big fan of Shannon Messenger's Keeper of the Lost Cities series, so I was excited to give her Sky Fall trilogy a try. I liked the plot idea, but the delivery fell short. Although the book was not poorly written, the characters' stubbornness and lack of growth annoyed me. As did numerous references of Vane-like objects (ie:Vane-pancake, Vane-splat). The only character I really liked was Hannah. She was a minor character, but the most interesting. 



Aside from a few lightly humorous moments that made me laugh, I felt disconnected from the story. Usually, I am rooting for a main couple by the end of a story. Not with this book. The romance felt forced, unnatural, and superficial.  There was also too much profanity and suggestive thoughts/actions sprinkled throughout. 




Let the Sky Fall kept my attention enough to complete the story, but I do not plan on reading it again. I may check out the next two books to see how the trilogy concludes, but they are not at the top of my list of things I want to read. 3.8/5






No comments:

Post a Comment